Monday, February 21, 2011

Spring Photo Montage

Alas! Only a few days ago it was Spring in the District, complete with short sleeves, sunshine, and cherry blossom buds.
Now look at it...
Is there an emoticon for weather-induced weariness?

*** = (,_,) 

That will have to do. 
At least Kevin and I really soaked up the mini-Spring while it was here.
First we went to the Freer Sackler gallery where I got a poster and a charming book about Chinese folktales (50% off).  Kevin and I were both really captivated by one drawing in the book depicting a large turtle-man so I attempted to recreate it for him this morning.
After the Freer, we stood outside and struck the kind of casual poses one would expect on a 70 degree day.
Then I touched some buds and they couldn't do anything about it.
so soft
Later we watched a dramatic sunset on the mall.

and went home to make noodle bowls and watch Fantastic Mr. Fox.
The next morning was cold and windy. 
Painfully windy. 

It is still February after all. 






No comments:

Post a Comment