Monday, April 21, 2014

Projex

I wonder if this blog title will be conflicting for my blog partner, in that Hey! A New Post!!!!!!! On the other hand....why would you spell "projects" that way? This conundrum is one of many reasons to be eggcited about this new development of revisiting 1 of 4. I know this. You know this. Your dog knows this. So after 2(3?) years of being inactive, it's time to reenter the realm of prawjecks. Not for the glory. Not for the acclaim. Not for hopes that anything will actually be considered "good", but just to create and have fun.

Because I maintain a low bar, it allows me to enter many genres and realms of creative endeavors without concerning myself about subjective "quality". This opens up many possibilities for projects (sp). I have not thought out what I could begin working on, so here's what's up #offthetopofmyhead

Potential Project #1 - FanFic
So I played around with this on my trashcans in the street blog. Though incomplete and poorly written, it was either enjoyed or hated by my friends. Powerful emotions one way or the other can't be bad. That time it was based in the Star Trek universe. Dave and I have been discussing X-Files a little bit recently. I feel that world is ripe for some fan fiction. Though I am no expert, I am significantly more familiar with this subject manner than I was with Star Trek. The Scully-Mulder dynamic has a lot of potential. You add monsters and government conspiracies and a dash of Skinner and you're pretty golden.


Potential Project #2 - Animated Gifs
I have always maintained that one of the greatest gifts the internet gave the world was animated gifs. I have spent countless and worthwhile hours viewing and enjoying a variety of animated gifs:

  • Animals doing funny things
  • Pranks
  • Close Calls
  • Memes come to life
  • Reaction Gifs
  • You Get The Idea

I have never looked into the technical aspect, but creating these things can't be that tough. I could make these and amuse myself for all eternity.

Potential Project #3 - Blog More

I feel like if I am serious about doing stuff, blogging will be a a product of being more active in projects and doing stuff.

  • 1 of 4 Animals - project-related posts
  • Trashcans in the Street - personal (not too personal) blog + random thoughts - Seinfeldesque Observations
  • Oh Hai Yams - blog about my daughter. It was started and written prior to her birth. I should record more stuff about her here.
  • That's Just the Way It's Gotta Be Sometimes - a site based off of my catchphrase with no real posts...holding for now
  • Future Unknown Journal - we'll see

Potential Project #4 - T.J. Twigbs
Piggybacking off of the placemarked blog, That's Just the Ways It's Gotta Be Sometimes has become many things; a life mantra, catchphrase, response to most situations, etc. I have spent years cultivating this phrase and pushing out the TJ acronym to surprising adoption by friends + friends of friends. I'm not sure what I would actually do involving this concept, but I'm sure there is a project in there somewhere. It came to me in a dream, maybe a perfect project will be arriving via dream in the near future. If it doesn't...T.J Twigbs.

Potential Project #5 - Music
I know my limitations, particularly in music, as I have many friends who are actually extremely talented musicians. Talent Schmalent. This never stopped me before. My options would be some sort of simple acoustic singer-songwriter thing, though the draw for assy lyrics would be strong. Also, it's been a while since I've played guitar. The other option would involve continuing my Fruity Boys pursuits. This project has the most potential for dabble and then decide to do something else.

Potential Project #6 - Podcast
I am a fan of podcasts. I even created my own - The Rankcast. While I wish my style was enough to drive a podcast solo, I realize that my hilarious friends interacting is what made this podcast work. I feel as though my work would best be served as a producer. Either way, this was a good concept for a podcast and were a lot of fun to make. Maybe we can revisit this one day, or I can think of a new format.

Potential Project #7 - Paint
While I am no musician, I am even less of a painter. Whatever. I want to paint something fun. Maybe animal portraits. I'm pretty sure my daughter will appreciate anything I paint for her. Otters, landscapes of places we visit, scary clowns, I'm open to whatever.

I feel like this is a good start. Some of these are not gonna happen. There's probably a bunch I haven't thought of yet. Either way, I will begin to attempt some of these and we'll see what happens.


No comments:

Post a Comment